furnace info needed

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 220

furnace info needed

Unread post by gezundheit » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:47 pm

i have a 1973 220.i tried the furnace the other day.the pilot lights but main flame does not.i'd love to check out all the switches and interlocks but they all are in the back area of furnace and what do i do to get to them? the furnace is located under\nthe kitchen sink area.do i need to pull that area apart? or is there some other way to get to it? i have a 1/2 tank of propane.i mention this because someone said that a low tank could cause hard ignition problems.my stove lights up with no problem.\nthank's all.regards,gezundheit.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: furnace info needed

Unread post by Acesneights » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

So you are saying the pilot lights and stays lit after you release the button ?\nThe firebox will not flame up until heat is called for. You have to turn up the thermostat. If turning up the thermostat higher than inside temp does nothing then your thermostat it bad. you can jump the wires on the back to confirm. If when you turn the Tstat up the blower fan comes on and pilot is lit but you are getting no flame then you have another issue. Report back.\nAlso anyone who reads this that is not familiar with propane, please read.\nhttp://www.travcoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=64\nIf you need the manual for your furnace let me know. I should have one.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by gezundheit » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

i have another issue.all the things you mention about the initial furnace startup work ok.i think the problem is one of the limit switches.the manual notes 3 of them.a fan,hi limit and a micro switch.in order to test these switches,i need to lay hands\nto the back of the furnace,which in my case is beneath the kitchen area.so my question still applies,whats the easiest way to get er out?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Assuming it's like mine You have to unscrew the outer vent on the outside of the RV(the smaller one in the middle, it screws directly into the vent tube flange). Disconnect the gas line, and I think there are two screws under the front cover that hold it from sliding out.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by gezundheit » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm

acesneights,correctomento!!\nslipped right into my arms after following your instructions.\nregards,gezundheit.

Unread post by aktravcoer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:54 pm

might be a little late for this response, but mine didn't work at first either, the pilot was on, but not enough. I held the reset button longer, made the flame bigger, and I'm assuming its like most pilot light setups, completed the circuit by heating the thermocouple.

Return to “Travco 220”