TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Travco Motor Homes » Travco 270

Just took my 71 for its first drive :)

Unread postby Zed on Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 pm

It did pretty good! There was some thumping and the transmission slipped at first, had to rev it up before the engine revs would translate to moving forward. By the end of the trip things seem to smooth out, I think the thumping was flat spots on the tires from sitting so long. The trans slipping was probably same thing, it had been sitting for a long time and I'm sure most of the trans fluid had dripped off the gears. The gas tank repairs seemed effective I got gas from the tank like it should (tank was disconnected and fuel line was rerouted to a gas can bc of rust) and there was no problems there. A friend followed me and said there was a lot of carbon especially on deceleration so I think Seafoam is my next step. Brake repairs worked awesome, brakes were actually kind of touchy and brake problems were my biggest fear. I am glad we took apart every hub and checked it all out and replaced a wheel cylinder.

Now tons of little things, and a interior refresh. The oven wont stay on, the fridge only works on propane and pops a circuit breaker every time it is plugged in and it needs a new generator and the propane tank valve needs to be replaced it leaks when turned on and curtains and I think its ready to go. Oh yeah a stereo and a horn and the left blinker doesnt blink only the right. Stuff like that. I have high hopes the major problems are done though. Progress!
Zed
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Travco Model: 270 Mahal

Re: Just took my 71 for its first drive :)

Unread postby KB2CRK on Sat May 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Great to here you have it going.
KB2CRK

Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread postby 77Travco on Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am

Sounds like a good start!
77Travco

Travco Model:

Unread postby Acesneights on Thu May 11, 2017 7:20 pm

The bands on the 727 can be adjusted. you need an inch/lb torque wrench iirc.
1975 Travco 270
1974 Travco 220 Parts unit
Acesneights
Site Admin
Site Admin

Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Return to Travco 270