Hydrovac 1/2in inverted flare vac line fab in Michigan

Author
Travco Model: 1975 M-270

Hydrovac 1/2in inverted flare vac line fab in Michigan

Unread post by emaxon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:17 am

Thought I'd share a positive experience finding replacements for the rotten tubes connecting the hydrovac control valve to the vac cannister. The rubber hose bridging the (intentional) gap between the curved tube soldered to the canister, short curved tube connected to the valve body via 3/4-18 inverted flare fitting (1/2in steel tube) was split/leaking on both of my hydrovacs. The steel lines at the control valve end were done, and I spent all day yesterday looking in vain for someone who sells inverted flare lines that large (all auto stores I tried stopped w/ 3/8in, heavy duty truck suppliers had only "hard parts".) Salvation came from Plymouth Rubber and Transmission (734)455-6400. They duplicated the original 90deg bends w/ doubke flare from 1/2in copper, had the correct tube nuts and appropriate o-rings. Done in 10min for $15, including 4x stainless hose clamps. If your hydrovac canisters are sound, just the external plumbing is rotten, look for your friendly neighborhood hydraulic hose shop, or give these guys a call. Btw, the correct rubber vac hose is 15/32 SAE J1403, which they had at my local Napa for 2.69/ft.

Return to “Travco 270”