returned from 1200 mile first trip: sucess!

Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: returned from 1200 mile first trip: sucess!

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Lets see if the picture works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Zed wrote:I'm in western NC / Asheville area and often Greenville SC area too. \n\nThe scout wasn't mine I was towing it as a job for a mechanic I know, get the scout back here and he is supposedly going to do a engine swap on my Toyota pickup. Honestly he started acting like a complete **** after I did my part so we will see, I may be getting ripped off sadly. You wouldn't want this scout to be honest its a complete rust bucket missing significant parts of the floor pans and fenders. \n\nI'll look into the ground wire but I suspect something else as the tail lights light up when the lights are on and the brake lights work, its only when the left blinker and headlights are both on that things go wrong.
\n\n\nWhen one of the lights have a bad ground with dual element element bulbs (turnsignals and brakelights) The elctricity gacan search for a ground through the second element back feeding the other light circuit which will cause some strange issues.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Hhhmmm. presuming this phenom only happens to feed back thru the second filament..w/poor or no ground....\nLearn someting new every day...TNX\nBBB

Return to “Travco 270”