320 Floor plans

Author
Travco Model: 77 Dodge Travco 320

320 Floor plans

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Are there factory floor plans here on the site? Has anybody rearranged their floor plan? I would like to put a Queen bed in the very back put in a much larger shower too. I’ve seen 320’s with the Queen bed in the very back where the toilet and shower are. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 220

Re: 320 Floor plans

Unread post by Woodsman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 am

They are basically a steel frame with a fibreglass body. We have a 220 that we are rebuilding and have stripped. Aside from the design problems, running piping, venting, wiring etc., I think you could lay out your interior anyway you desire. We are doing a rear master, installing a full shower and separate toilet room. This is ours with the structure exposed
inside.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model: 35

Unread post by 81Travco35 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:07 am

Hello,
I have a travo 35 with rear queen bed, and would be glad to take pics for you if that would help.

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 pm

That would be great. For someone my size, that existing shower is too small. I definitely would appreciate anything anyone could provide. I too would like to move the Master to the rear and put in a 36" shower. I have even heard of someone putting in a bathtub!

Unread post by 81Travco35 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 am

HI, I am so sorry I didn't see your reply back last summer! I didn't get a notification that I had a message. Are you still interested in pics of the rear bedroom?

Bob

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:40 pm

Boy am I way out of touch with reality. There was someone that had actually posted pictures of their 320 on the Facebook Travco page and they had I believe four or five different floorplans that were available but none of them matched mine. Mine has the bunkbeds which are basically totally useless for adults and they’re only good for small children. I do have a sofa right in behind the front seats that turns into a bed. I would preferred to have the bedroom in the very back of the couch where my bathroom and shower is that but then on the passenger side in the rear is for my furnace and water heater at. While I’m thinking of it, how do I turn on my generator? I can’t find a switch anywhere inside my coach. I apologize again for the late reply and it’s only been a year! Duh!

Unread post by 81Travco35 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi, my generator has three places to start/stop. One is on the dash with the tank level check switches, the second place is right by the bed, where you can reach down on the side of the bed and turn it on and off. The third location is on the generator itself. My number is 575 740 4656 if you need help, or want pics of floor plan.

Bob

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:14 am

Thanks Bob for the information. My bathroom is in the back and the furnace and water heater are in the space next to where my sink is. I have bunkbeds plus I have a sofa right behind the driver seat that turns into a bed. Above my head in the driver seat is a gauge and a switch that I believe says start and reset but I don’t know what that’s for. Now as you’re coming in the coach and you’re walking up the steps to the left there’s a panel that has all your checks for your owl I think the fuel tank with water but it doesn’t have anything on turning on the generator. Would it actually be marked generator? I can take some pictures of the interior and maybe somewhere the switch is there and I’m just missing it. When I went to go look at this, the previous owner told me that I would have to run a fuel line from the generator to the fuel tank and he was running it off of a fuel can and it didn’t even occur to me that I should’ve asked him how do you turn the song but he had it pulled out. I may be getting in over my head, but I’d really like to move the bedroom to the very back and put in a 36 inch shower because I am a big guy and I need that extra space and the current shower in there I have to turn sideways and it’s not very big and it’s on the driver side in the rear and the toilet is in the middle and the sink is to the left of the toilet. I cannot find a floor plan that matches what I have. While I’m thinking about it and this only happened because I was out getting the motorhome started and realized that the two outer rear tires were low on air and it had these Mickey Mouse imitation aluminum wheel covers and I could not get the driver side rear off and the question I have is do you know if the current wheels that are on a 4500 or 5500 is the same bolt pattern as these? Mine has 19 1/2 inch rims. Any information would be greatly appreciated and I see you gave me your phone number and I will put that in my phone because I need all the help I can get! It’s like I’m flying blind and I don’t have any information in front of me other than the actual chassis manual which doesn’t do me any good because I need the actual motorhome at self manual. Thanks again!

Unread post by 81Travco35 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Just a thought, but if the previous owner said he ran the generator on a small tank, and it needed to have a fuel line ran to the gas tank, perhaps the coach didn't originally have a generator, and he added it? Also, is your bolt pattern on your wheels a 5 bolt wheel, or a 6 bolt? Mine has the 6 bolt pattern, from the heavier dodge truck chassis. Most I have seen are the 5 bolt. Wheel bolt patterns are designated by the number of bolts, and the diameter of a circle that would go thru the center of all the bolt holes. For example, my coach is 6 bolt on 8.75" bolt circle. If you have a dodge charger with a 383, the bolt pattern is probably 5 on 4.75" bolt circle. You may have already known that. Your coach may be the 5 on 8" bolt circle. There is a discussion here about wheels, and gives the alcoa aluminum wheel numbers. viewtopic.php?t=277 Feel free to call and I can send pics of my start/stop switch panal. Sounds like you may need to add this.

Unread post by DrMopar383 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:09 pm

I suppose that’s very possible but I doubt very much that he would go through that expense to put that in because this motorhome was used by his wife and they got it from the original owners who I believe lives in Michigan where I live and the coach only has I believe 66,000 miles on it and he was saying that they most likely parked it at an RV campground and that is the reason why I have such low mileage and I don’t believe that they owned very long. It is the Onan generator and he did have two other Travco motorhomes there and one of them was the replacement for this one because it was much smaller and easier for his wife to drive I guess and the other one was totally gutted on the inside. I’m just wondering if when these motorhomes were manufactured if the generator was an option and the compartment was already there on the motorhome itself. And you are correct, that is a good point that he may have put that generator in there and that’s why it needed to have a fuel line run from the generator to the tank. I retired from Chrysler so I’m familiar with the bolt diameters and that on passenger cars as well as the older cars and trucks but not these new ones. The job that I do is that evaluate the new trucks but I noticed that the 3500 Dooley that I was in the other night only had 17 1/2 inch wheels on it were mine has 19 1/2. I believe I have six lug wheels. I know that they put new tires on it before I purchased it and it looks to me like whoever put the tires on put regular valvestems on it and it made it very difficult for me to put air into the right rear after I finally got that Mickey Mouse wheel cover off and as far as his driver side I’m going to have to cut it off it just spins and spins and spins and there’s not any way that I can get in there at it and it’s already damaged as it is. I do have one other question for you if that is something that I’m not totally familiar with and ever since I bought this motorhome the steering unit is like worst case of manual steering which is worse than my 69 road runner which has manual steering. I don’t know anything about this Hydro stop system or whatever it’s called. It looks to me like the power steering reservoir is full and there’s been some discrepancy on what do you and I’ve been told a used transmission fluid and I said, no because in my past experiences with all the motives that’s the worst thing you can do in a power steering system. That’s the reason why they make bars doing fluid. But now unless I think you are supposed to use transmission fluid so I don’t know. Do you have any clue as to what you’re supposed to use in this? by the way thank you for all of your information and and advice and I definitely appreciate it. I remember seeing a 270 when I was working in Highland Park at Chrysler and it was being used by the electro magnetic compatibility lab is there I guess test vehicle and I think the inside of it was gutted and they had all of their equipment in it and that’s when I fell in love with that front end and that’s why I wanted the one that I got and I think I may have over paid for it but it is what it is. Thanks again!👍👍👍

Return to “Travco 320/350”