Holley 4175 spreadbore carb installed

Post here for engine related Discussion
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 270 Mahal

Holley 4175 spreadbore carb installed

Unread post by Zed » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Removed the Edelbrock and installed the spreadbore I got from Allstate a few years ago using a adapter plate. A shot of ether to prime it and and fired right up! Seems to idle and accelrate smoothly. I can't road test it right now since I'm in the middle of a huge interior remodel and everythings everywhere, also the brakes nees to be bled. Anyways the install was tricky with a few clearance issues but not that difficult or time consuming, I had to use a flathead to chisel a carb nut on since there was no clearance whatsoever for wrenching it. My only concern is the throttle linkage pin I swapped from the Edelbrock sits at a weird angle, I'll snap a pic later. I think I may have to bend the carb side bracket a bit to get it to sit straight and work right with the kickdown lever. The 4175 is billed as a Qjet direct replacement so I think its going to be a better choice then the Edel.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 67 270

Re: Holley 4175 spreadbore carb installed

Unread post by ryemadd » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Zed wrote:Removed the Edelbrock and installed the spreadbore I got from Allstate a few years ago using a adapter plate. A shot of ether to prime it and and fired right up! Seems to idle and accelrate smoothly. I can't road test it right now since I'm in the middle of a huge interior remodel and everythings everywhere, also the brakes nees to be bled. Anyways the install was tricky with a few clearance issues but not that difficult or time consuming, I had to use a flathead to chisel a carb nut on since there was no clearance whatsoever for wrenching it. My only concern is the throttle linkage pin I swapped from the Edelbrock sits at a weird angle, I'll snap a pic later. I think I may have to bend the carb side bracket a bit to get it to sit straight and work right with the kickdown lever. The 4175 is billed as a Qjet direct replacement so I think its going to be a better choice then the Edel.
\nHey man. I just bought an old Holley rebadge off an 83 Dodge Ram 318 for my 66 318 in my travco any suggestions

Return to “Engines”