steering wheel shake

Post here for Steering ,suspension and tires discussion
Author
Travco Model:

Re: steering wheel shake

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue May 05, 2015 11:40 am

Sounds like you had a good trip. Your Travco is looking good... I dig those round mirrors!

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue May 05, 2015 3:07 pm

yeh..I like those parking light rings too....\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by highwaystar » Wed May 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Those parking light rings are a bit of a story. Most small trim things on this Travco have been powder coated gray. I got the idea to have everything chrome plated. Unfortunately I got the bill for those two little rings at over $200 and told them to stop. They do look good though. \n\nI am thinking that every year I will have something plated just for fun and eventually it will all get done.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu May 07, 2015 2:24 am

i had posted a solution to the ridiculous prices on plating, not counting the wait..a while back. \nForgot how to search for it.. Went on a mission and found it once more....\nThe video is over 300mb and not possible to email out... Affordable to\ndo all four wheels etc. Guess a clear coat is mandated after using this process...\nEnjoy the impressive video\nhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtRYZ5EasA\nBTW... Other versions of this process will be shown for your selection. \nThis happened to be a UK version.\nCheck the others.. including jay Leno's garage segments... FWIW - HTH...\nBBB 05/06/15\nAdendum:: Old time cars, before chromeing, used nickel plating ...\nOn u-tube are a few videos on doing this at home using \ntwo"d" cell batteries for the process. As nickel is a slightly different \ncolor. I believe most people would not be able to\ntell the difference on "older chrome finishes" on older vehicles...\nAs I do produce colloidol silver for my own usage, silver plating\nin a trial manner could possibly rejuvinate those darn rusty parking light rings...FWIW\nBBB.

Return to “Steering,Suspension and Tires”