Coconutz RV Park is OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Post up campground experiences reviews etc.
\nDisclaimer:
\nTravcoforum.com is not responsible for the content posted and anyone posting reviews is responsible for their own words.
Author
Travco Model: 270

Coconutz RV Park is OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Unread post by Mexsteve » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Hola from South of the Border! We are officially open as of this week in Cuyutlan, Colima, Mexico. Located just south of Manzanillo, Mexico's largest sea port. We are in the state of Colima and the only RV park in this state. Our park is small with just 4 permanent sites but with plans to expand by 4 more with lots of tent camping sites. The park is located on the beach at the north end of Cuyutlan's Malecon (boardwalk). There are lots of places to enjoy the surf, eat some good seafood and watch surfers challenging the waves. COME ON DOWN!! We travel in a 1975 Travco 270. You can find us on Facebook under "Coconutz RV Park" and here is link to our website. http://www.travcotravels.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model:

Re: Coconutz RV Park is OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Mexico was a huge RV'er destination in the 60's and 70's. I know my Travco has been south of the border at least once. I have actually read your blogs before and am glad to hear that y'all have opened for business.\nI was always curious about the small back window on your Travco 270. Did you buy it that way?\nWhat's up with selling the tow vehicles? Has Mexico passed some sort of towing ordinance or something? What about a trailer?\nThe wife and I hope to make it down there someday... Good luck!

Unread post by Mexsteve » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:44 pm

The small rear window is because it is a one of the few rear bath models. Have only seen one other and it was at a rally but had twin bunk beds where ours only has the lower units and no upper berths. If you get to go to a rally you will see that no two Travcos are exacly alike. As for the Suzuki Samurai we had to take it out of Mexico. We went from tourist to permanente status on our visas. We live in Mexico. This mean we can no longer own a foreign plated vehicle. Certain vehicles of a certain age (5 years old now) and from a NAFTA country can be imported (Mexican plated) but the Suzuki being from Japan did not qualify nor did our 2010 Dodge Journey so both vehicles had to be removed from the country. We really hated losing the Suzuki after 15 years of great trouble free service. It was the perfect tow vehicle and perfect for these narrow/rough Mexican roads however she went to live with good friends in Arkansas. Keep us in mind if you are ever down this way! I'll try and post a pic of the bathroom set up.

Unread post by Mexsteve » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 am

Here is a link to the photos of our coach. http://travcotravels.com/1975-travco-motorhome-3/

Return to “Campgrounds”