Any RV Parks known/exposed that BAN "old Travco's?"

Post up campground experiences reviews etc.
\nDisclaimer:
\nTravcoforum.com is not responsible for the content posted and anyone posting reviews is responsible for their own words.
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Any RV Parks known/exposed that BAN "old Travco's?"

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Was wondering if any one has experienced being turned away from a RV park/Campground because their Rig/Unit was \n10 years old or older? Kinda like a uppity/picky (can add a lot more words) place to avoid... Curious... \nWondering what if any attitude has changed... :?: \nBBB
Last edited by badbillybiker on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Any RV Parks known/exposed that BAN "old Travco's?"

Unread post by Acesneights » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:28 pm

why would any park ban any Rv because of age ? I have never heard of that in my life.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Any RV Parks known/exposed that BAN "old rv's/Travco's?"

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:01 am

This subject has been "reluctantly"? (SP) reported a few times randomnly...over time... \nHere are a few items regarding my "concern" that I have yet to see discussed recently... \nHave posted a few sites... not only myself but others are "aware" of this...\nSubject to rebuttal if not true... :o \n\nMaybe a "Travco's NOT welcomed here" section where the nefarious parks can be "outed?" FWIW\nBBB\n\n http://www.everything-about-rving.com/a ... year-rule/

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:08 am

There is an RV park in Marble Falls, TX like this. I have heard of parks that have a 10 year or even 5 year old RV age limit. These are the sort of parks that cater to the $uper fancy class A crowd and it's more about keeping out the "undesirables" than anything else. These places are usually very expensive to stay in.\n Of course they will make exceptions if they like you or your coach but these are not the sort of places I want spend my time or hard earned money anyway.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Wow, never heard of that around here. I would question if that is even possibly discriminatory , of course like 77 said, if that is their attitude then I don't wanna go there anyway
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

rcb
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: Looking for 210

Unread post by rcb » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Yeah and chances are I wouldn't be able to afford some of the places anyhow. But I'm all for property owner rights. It's theirs, they can do what they want. It's why I live in the country. I have no desire to live someplace that doesn't want me or my family anyhow (or my "junk" as some in the city would call it) :D

Return to “Campgrounds”