Texas ROT rally roadtrip

Let's get some going. Post your ideas here.
Author
Travco Model:

Texas ROT rally roadtrip

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:18 am

I took a roadtrip to the Republic Of Texas motorcycle rally over in Austin, Texas last week. Just thought I would share a few pics of what my setup looks like when on the road.\nThere was no electricity available where we camped so we topped off the fuel tank before arrival and ran the generator and roof AC all 5 days (not continuously). On Sunday, we still had enough fuel to drive the 125 miles home while running the genset and roof AC the whole time. I averaged 7.69 miles per gallon while pulling the trailer and running the generator.\nThis was the first time I ever drove the Travco in heavy rain... other than the wipers streaking due to not enough pressure on the windshield it did just fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Texas ROT rally roadtrip

Unread post by Acesneights » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:55 pm

I forgot you were down in Texas. How are you doing with all the flooding ?
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Travco Model:

Re: Texas ROT rally roadtrip

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 pm

We live high up on a hill out here in the hill country so we are ok but some low spots have gotten pretty soggy. I have a few friends that have gotten flooded but they are dealing with it pretty well. Up to our north, the Dallas area is getting it pretty bad today. Those poor people can't seem to catch a break lately.

Return to “Events,Rallies, GTG's”