1973 270 Commercial Traveler For Sale

Place your for sale ads here. it is ok to place ads you find for Travcos for sale that you do not own also.
Author
Travco Model: 270 Commercial Traveler

1973 270 Commercial Traveler For Sale

Unread post by Travcolorado » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:07 pm

I'm losing my storage so I thought I'd see if there's any interest before trying to find another storage area.

This could be a great one off custom RV, very cool food truck, or mobile office.

I've got a 1973 270 Commercial Traveler that I began restoring before having to put it in storage 4 years ago.

It was used as a mobile lab by NITA (https://www.ntia.doc.gov/) throughout the 70's and 80's.

It has 2 side doors and no windows aside from the front windshield/driving compartment, rear window and a window in each door. So a blank slate to make your own.

It has a 413 that I converted to a 413-3 (no timing chain-direct gear driven timing with reverse rotation camshaft and distributor) with MSD ignition and electric cooling fans.

It is mated to a rebuilt Dodge 47rh transmission that has overdrive and a lockup torque convertor. (wiring still needs to be completed for O/D and lockup to work, current runs like normal 3 speed 727)

The hydrovac system was removed and replace with a hydroboost unit. All wheel cylinders have been rebuilt or replaced.

A 36 gallon abs fuel tank from a Dodge Ram has been put in place of the steel tank.

It has 19.5 wheels on it and there is a set of New Continental HDR tires ready to go on it.

The interior is bare a the moment, just stuff stored inside it. I will need a new driver side windshield. It's not the prettiest at the moment, but a lot of the difficult stuff has been done.

It's currently located in Estes Park, CO

Please let me know if you have any interest or questions.

Thanks,
Eric

Travco Model:

Re: 1973 270 Commercial Traveler For Sale

Unread post by jbird » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:12 am

i would like to come see this im in colo springs how can i contact you?

Return to “Travcos for Sale”