1973 270 "Aunt Fanny" Cummins conversion ready to camp

Place your for sale ads here. it is ok to place ads you find for Travcos for sale that you do not own also.
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 270 Cummins'd

1973 270 "Aunt Fanny" Cummins conversion ready to camp

Unread post by jeeprobb » Tue May 05, 2020 7:32 pm

With heavy hearts we are selling Aunt Fanny our 1973 270. My wife and I are going full time and we are looking to go bigger and a little more modern. The name Aunt Fanny comes from a character in the movie Robots and we thought it fit her. Our listing price is $10,500 and now to the details.
We have put roughly 8,000 miles on her since I installed a Cummins 5.9 and Allison transmission, for a total of about 10,000 miles. We had a blast camping locally and in 2014 took her on a 6500 mile trip cross country and back with stops at many National Parks.
Cummins conversion is a 1992 12 valve intercooled rotary pump 5.9 out of a Dodge pickup. I installed all new gaskets, seals, and adjusted the valves before I installed the motor.
The transmission is an Allison AT545 from a 1994 school bus, this is a straight 4 speed auto with no overdrive. I went this route to eliminate the need for electronics. I wanted her to be caveman simple!
The rear end is the factory Dana 70 HD that I installed 3:07 gears in and then had the driveshaft shortened.
The chassis has airbags at all 4 corners which help with the typical body roll these units have.
The brakes and bearings all checked out fine before our trip out west and still work as they should.
The tires are Michelins with plenty of tread and do have some weather checking. I would not drive back and forth across the country on them, but I would not be afraid to drive it to wherever home is and certainly would use them for weekend camping.
I just checked out all of the systems and they all work well with the exception of the roof AC. We have not used it for about 3 years and my refrigeration guy says they tend to leak down when they are not used for a while. Guess I should have used it more. I am going to try and get it looked at before she sells. We have never used the furnace and the PO said they never did either so I can't speak to that. We heated her with a small electric heater when we needed it which was not very often. The refrigerator is less than 10 years old and is electric/gas. The water pump is about 6 years old.
The inside has been updated which you will see in the pictures, and we have the original manuals and service manual.
There is a new custom made double mattress in the back that fits the rear curve of the body, the dinette sleeper, and a removable bunk that we added over the dinette.
I'm sure I have forgotten things so feel free to ask any questions you may have.
I am including links to 2 Youtube videos that show the interior and exterior, plus the pictures below.
Aunt Fanny can't wait for her next family to love her and make some great memories with her.

Call Robb at 724-253-2869 please leave a message this is our home phone as our cell phone coverage is lousy. We are in northwest Pennsylvania.

https://youtu.be/bEsJQ90NxrQ
https://youtu.be/x_mYFbtfdNo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1973 Travco 270 "Aunt Fannie" My wife says I have a JEEP problem?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: 1973 270 "Aunt Fanny" Cummins conversion ready to camp

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed May 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Robb, after seeing your Pictures you have a Mahal 2+2. Awesome looking rig. I hope Nessie looks that Nice when I get done with her.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by jeeprobb » Tue May 26, 2020 11:05 am

Aunt Fanny has a new home. We sold our Mahal to a nice couple in Michigan. Thanks for the interest. Robb

Travco Model:

Unread post by slashsb@gmail.com » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:15 am

Is she still available?

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by jeeprobb » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am

Aunt is no longer available. She went to a nice couple near Detroit. Thanks

Return to “Travcos for Sale”