Georgia Travco for sale

Place your for sale ads here. it is ok to place ads you find for Travcos for sale that you do not own also.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Georgia Travco for sale

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:31 am

http://athensga.craigslist.org/rvs/5738 ... \n\n\nThis is listed for sale about an hour from here. My issue is the Wisconsin tags?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Georgia Travco for sale

Unread post by Acesneights » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:41 pm

They could have moved from Wisconsin and used the Travco ??
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Possibly. I have been in email contact with them and they say it is near lake burton outside of Clayton Ga. They also said the price is negotiable. I was deciding whether or not to invite them here. I am still not sure it is legit.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Georgia Travco For Sale

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Possibly. I have been in email contact with them and they say it is near lake burton outside of Clayton Ga. They also said the price is negotiable. I was deciding whether or not to invite them here. I am still not sure it is legit.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:58 am

Did they add an extra zero by chance? Looks like a decent unit but I would say $5K - $9K depending.\nThe add looks legit to me. Scammers don't write ads like that and include those kind of pictures. I am pretty familiar with scammers... They usually only include one or two pics that have real nice back drops and they never include people or plate numbers.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Sent them another email inviting them to list it here. Whether or not they decide to do so is up to them. They said they were having issues with the craigslist listing.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:31 pm

77Travco wrote:Did they add an extra zero by chance? Looks like a decent unit but I would say $5K - $9K depending.\nThe add looks legit to me. Scammers don't write ads like that and include those kind of pictures. I am pretty familiar with scammers... They usually only include one or two pics that have real nice back drops and they never include people or plate numbers.
\nI was thinking the same thing...\nIt's a free country and maybe the significant other wants it sold...and the owner doesn't... :lol:
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Travco Model: 1973 270

Unread post by Travco1973 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi Everyone,\n\nMy girlfriend posted that ad on Craigslist. It is located on in Clayton, GA and the reason it has Wisconsin plates is that we bought it and restored it there with the intention of driving the US until we found where we wanted to settle down. We are buying a home here in Georgia and just aren't getting the use out of our Travco and it's a shame to leave it sitting after all the work we've done.\n\nWe completely restored our 73 aside from paint. The engine has 57,000 original miles and when we got it we replaced the brakes, tires, fuel lines, wiring, carburetor and everything else you can think of that wasn't major. In terms of non engine related changes we did it all: grey, fresh and black water tanks, shower, toilet, furnace, air conditioner, flooring, fridge and most of the wall panels. We added new flooring, carpet, captains chairs (one is mechanical with foot rest), a new fold down couch. We redesigned the back section to be a full-time queen sized bed.\n\nI know we won't get out the money we put in, but I've already been offered 16 and that was the first person that looked at it. If the right offer doesn't come along we will keep it as we put a lot of sweat into making it what it is today. \n\nIt's a great forum you've built here and I wish we'd looked at it more when we restored out unit!\n\nThanks,\n\nM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck either selling or keeping it.

Return to “Travcos for Sale”