Travcos for sale

Place your for sale ads here. it is ok to place ads you find for Travcos for sale that you do not own also.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Travcos for sale

Unread post by Acesneights » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Any old links or units that have been sold, please mark thread as sold and the staff can close it out.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Travco Model: 1969 Travco 270

Re: Travcos for sale

Unread post by bobswami » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:09 pm

1969 Travco, 270 runner, good windshields, has new starter, Master Cylinder, Need to tow or rebuild Wheel Cylinders, should be able to drive away on old old tires ? \n\nLocated 30 miles above Spokane WA. Had camped in it when I purchased property. used for storage and needs to go to a good home. \n\nGood fiberglass Body needs paint, all plumbing and bath, has bed in back and big generator......Fun Project. \nHave the Title in hand. \n\nEmail me and we can talk. Thank you Don

Travco Model: 1969 270 with new brakes

Unread post by ptedrick » Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm

I bought this on eBay a couple years ago needing new brakes. Two local shops wasted lots of time and money without making much progress. I then persuaded a mechanic friend to tackle the task of restoring the brakes. After much time, money and frustration the entire brake system is new and works great. Fortunately the 318 engine runs great too. I have been driving it to run errands and enjoying it a lot. Little by little I am sprucing up the interior, which is already pretty decent. The fiberglass body is sound, but it needs new paint.

I am offering it for sale to someone who will appreciate it for the classic that it is. I probably won't get my money out of it, but am making it available. Since I bought this Travco I have bought a 20' 1973 Dodge Sightseer, made by Travco as their “entry level” model, which I have driven cross country and really like. Obviously I can only use one at a time, so I need to sell one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model:

Unread post by cbokhart » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:40 am

1973 220 - $3,000 OBO located in Vandalia MI

I bought the Travco almost 20 years ago to tailgate at Purdue Football games. My kids have long since graduated and the Travco was moved to my pole barn in Vandalia MI where it has sat for too many years in dry storage. I take it out once or twice a year to run up and down the street but it is time to pass it on to someone who likes quirky vintage RV’s. The mileage on the odometer shows only 4K but it is not the original speedometer and clearly not a low mileage engine.

The good - it is respectable looking at 20 ft and the mechanicals all appear to be working (I have not tried the fridge yet). It quickly starts but is running rough. The engine when parked was strong and cruised well at 65+ mph when we drove it back and forth to West Lafayette In. Most of the floorboards have been replaced with plywood over the years and look to be in good shape.

The bad - I drained out the 10 year old gas and filled it with fresh (with a very healthy dose of SeaFoam) but as I mentioned above it is running rough - needs a tune and possibly a carb cleaning. The brakes have always been marginal which is a well known issue with Travcos. It does stop but you need plenty of room especially if you are at speed (all 4 are drum brakes). Fortunately parts are inexpensive (($70ish for a new master and the lines are also cheap and easy to source). Even if the entire brake system were to be replaced it will never compare to any modern vehicle for braking performance. There are a few quirks with the electric - a few lights and horn don't work). The dash AC isn't working - AC recharge?

The so-so - it is a 45+ year old RV and I “restored” it in the early 2000’s to be a fun tailgating vehicle making repairs more for functionality than cosmetic beauty.

Pictures can be seen at www.flickr/groups/travco220

Any questions just call or email
Chris Bokhart
cbokhart@gmail.com
312-213-8029

Travco Model:

Unread post by cbokhart » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:44 am

Bad link for pictures of the 1973 Travco 220 for sale - should be www.flickr.com/groups/travco220

Travco Model:

Unread post by Mftroop13 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm

ptedrick wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm
I bought this on eBay a couple years ago needing new brakes. Two local shops wasted lots of time and money without making much progress. I then persuaded a mechanic friend to tackle the task of restoring the brakes. After much time, money and frustration the entire brake system is new and works great. Fortunately the 318 engine runs great too. I have been driving it to run errands and enjoying it a lot. Little by little I am sprucing up the interior, which is already pretty decent. The fiberglass body is sound, but it needs new paint.

I am offering it for sale to someone who will appreciate it for the classic that it is. I probably won't get my money out of it, but am making it available. Since I bought this Travco I have bought a 20' 1973 Dodge Sightseer, made by Travco as their “entry level” model, which I have driven cross country and really like. Obviously I can only use one at a time, so I need to sell one.
Hi How much are you asking??

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by datsit » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:22 am

Can't sell if you don't reply ?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:57 am