New Member with 73 270

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 270

New Member with 73 270

Unread post by wadegirard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello,\n\nI just joined the forum. I have a 73 270 that I purchased about 3 years ago. While driving it home the electrical system shorted out a couple times, so I started to look into it and found that the previous owner had done quite a hatchet job on the wiring, and that the motor home was infested with ants. So, a bug bomb and a new wiring harness from Rebel Wiring (the made the tail light/fuel gauge/etc.. wires 30 ft long for me) and I have the makings of a project. Anyway, replaced the wood that the ants had ruined, and after a 2 year break I am back at it. The engine is all wired up and running, and I am working on the lighting and dash now.\n\nI do need a couple of parts that are hard to source, one is the driver side windshield. I am in MN, so anyone who is parting out one of these and has the glass, let me know. The second is that on my drive home I had opened the driver's side vent door a little (the one below the window) and the wind opened it the rest of the way, taking the part that attaches the crank to the door with it. It would be great if someone can help to locate that.\n\nThanks\nWade
====================\nWade Girard\n1973 270\n====================

Technician
Technician
Travco Model: N/A (Site Tech!)

Re: New Member with 73 270

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 am

Welcome. It's a tight knit community here and I'm sure you'll find the help you need. :)
- Travcoforum Website Administrator\n- Helping a friend - check out Duckies Longarm Quilting in the Oshawa / Durham Region area! www.duckiesquilting.com

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Welcome!

Travco Model: 1972, 270 Rear Dinette

Unread post by Murtle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Welcome to the club. I've a 1972 270, much together, overall. A friend called the vents cow doors, not sure where that came from. In any event, my cow doors are both compromised. Neither one successfully closes. Please communicate if you find a better solution to them.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Welcome to thee Madness that is Travco. 3 years and 2 days ago we bought home our 76 Mahal. A work in progress while all along still being used for a camper. We were supposed to be in St George Island tonight but the trip was cancelled not due the Travco but to me (the driver) having some health issues. Things are getting better and welcome to the forum

Return to “New Members Introductions”