Model info please?

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: none (yet)

Model info please?

Unread post by mammonista » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 am

Up until a few months ago my gf and myself operated the "Meowmobile", a 22-foot travel trailer converted into a mobile cat-adoption facility in Springfield, Illinois. We recently moved to Oregon and are thinking of building a new cat adoption facility (the "Whiskerwagon" maybe?) but I don't really want a trailer again. A Travco, with custom paint would be ideal for the job, but for our purposes we need the model that has both a front and rear door on the passenger side. I've seen a few Travco's with the two doors. Was this a factory option or was that something that the owners had done after purchase.\nAny info would be greatly appreciated!\nmark\n"

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Model info please?

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 pm

The two door option was available from the factory. Most of the two door Travcos were commercial travelers and were set up for commercial or specialty users. They are out there but not the most common.

Travco Model: none (yet)

Unread post by mammonista » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Wow, thanks a bunch for the info! Now I (we) just need to keep our eyes open for a 2-door model.\nOur experience with using a 32-foot motor home for a temporary cat adoption facility before deciding to buy the Jayco travel trailer, gut it, and purpose build the "MeowMobile" was that a single door on the motor home resulted in people entering the coach to look at adoptable cats then blocking the doorway and aisle for people who had already seen the cats and wanted to leave. \nSo we would definitely need a 2-door model, and find one that was nasty enough so that we wouldn't feel guilty gutting it for a new "Meowmobile".

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Just so you are aware the commercial travelers were 27' models based on the 270. I have not seen a 2 door 290 or 320 model.

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am

I know they are out there but I've only seen one 2 door model for sale in the last few years that I can remember. I bet most are parked and unused as well as unadvertised. They are out there though.

Return to “New Members Introductions”