1979 AVCO GTC 3200 Rear Bath

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 1979 AVCO GTC 32'

1979 AVCO GTC 3200 Rear Bath

Unread post by tmbinder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 am

I am new to this forum. I decided to post here because there doesn't seem to be an active AVCO Owners forum anywhere, which illustrates how unusual they are. I purchased this motorhome as a project, in part because it is unusual and in part because it is such a good example - it is largely stock inside and out. That is, with one very large exception: it has been modified in the early 90's with a Cummins engine and Allison transmission. I will follow up with a post in the "other Dodge related motorhomes" when I have more time and include some photos. I just wanted to say, "Hello" and see if there is any interest her about the details. Great forum!

Travco Model:

Re: 1979 AVCO GTC 3200 Rear Bath

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Welcome!\nI know that there was at least one other AVCO owner that found their way here. Not sure if they still tune in or not,

Unread post by tmbinder » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks! I'll see if any other AVCO owners turn up. By the way, there is still an old (1968 I think) Travco for sale nearby in Lancaster PA, which I looked at before I bought the AVCO. It was pretty far gone, and didn't run so I passed at the time, but if it is still for sale when I am looking for another project, who knows?

Travco Model:

Unread post by Atchley » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:40 am

Something like that would be a great project indeed if you have the means and the know-how, Tmbinder. I envy you if you're lucky enough to have both. haha
Here are the best probiotics for women on the market.

Unread post by tmbinder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:07 pm

I have a limited budget primarily because I purchased this coach to get it back into running/driving/camping condition and then pass it on to someone who is interested in an older, classic coach that he/she can make his/her own. Already I have spent more money than I wanted (big surprise! :)) I'm getting it back tomorrow from the diesel shop where it was inspected and thoroughly checked out underneath. Next, I have to work through all the systems and appliances. I am retired, so I have lots of time. I own another motorhome, too, so I am familiar with how they work, in general, but part of what I enjoy is learning about new things (for example, I repaired the ice maker last week which was interesting). Hopefully, I won't run out of either money or time before I'm finished...we'll see!

Return to “New Members Introductions”