Hello From Ohio

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 1966 270

Hello From Ohio

Unread post by Froglette » Wed May 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi,\nWe just bought a 66 270. I've been wanting to start camping with our kids (we have 5 children). So what did we end up with? A project. \n\nWhen we got her she didn't run. I am not a mechanic. I am very fortunate to have a very good friend that is doing all of the mechanical (Yes, he is a mechanic.) stuff for us. He has gotten her running, moving and stopping. He still has somethings he wants to do before we get her on an actual road. Hopefully, it won't be too long.\n\nWe call our Travco the Pickle. She has 27,000 miles on her and we are the 4th owners. Her first owner had her for over 30+ years. Then she sat, Then she was bought again and sat. I haven't really got to test the furnace, stove frig, etc. I was told that everything works. All of the exterior lights work, so let's hope everything inside does. If not, we'll deal with that as it comes.\n\nShe has a ceiling panel (just one with issues) that has come down. It's the panel around the AC. The other thing is that she is missing the top bunk of the Davo and the hardware for it. Everything else is in there and is original. That's about it, except for needing to be cleaned.\n\nMy children and I just fell in love with the look of the Travco. We look forward to seeing y'all on the road.

Travco Model:

Re: Hello From Ohio

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Welcome from Texas!\nWe have 6 kids and are also the 4th owners. Originally we wanted a 68 or older but long story short, our Travco just sort of came to find us. Kind of like a stray animal... sometimes they pick you. We just call ours "the Travco"... I found out after I bought it that the 1st or 2nd owner traveled all over, from Illinois via Texas to Nevada and down into Mexico in it. The 3rd owner only had it for a year or so and it mostly sat.\nOur Travco has been much more of a restoration than we ever wanted in the first place... but we are glad that we have stuck with it. We have made a few road trips in it and it is a member of our family now!\nHopefully we can all get together for a "Travco" rally someday like they used to do in the 60's.\nGood luck!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: Hello From Ohio

Unread post by Acesneights » Wed May 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Welcome !!\nMy son calls our 75 Stewie....\nFeel free to start a thread on your rig in the 270 section and ask any questions you want. With the membership growing everyday there is alot of information starting to materialize here including more up to date part#'s etc.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Return to “New Members Introductions”