Last trip with BD ??

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Last trip with BD ??

Unread post by datsit » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:11 pm

It has been almost a 2 year time/ search/ work - - emails,site searches / plea for parts, phone calls & road trips !!!!!

Got BD's complete / rebuilt rear end in along with all new brake parts , new rear drums ( fluke off - Old Dodge Truck site) & master cyl., rebuilt E-brake balanced drive shaft & u-joints & hanger bearing & new tire to replace damaged one. Had to vacate storage facility in Nov. . Now with the snow leaving and better weather coming , I can uncover him & finish up the job / repairs, to be mobile from losing rear diff hub.

NEED ; Driver side outside storage door . GOT ONE ????
Have maintained / improved him over the years thinking " I " would go first - - -
It's been a great 18 yr adventure / memories with BD - - - BUT debate has started - - keep OR move on ?!?!?!

YES KEEP - - - ( 1 )

MOVE ON - - - ( 1 )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Last trip with BD ??

Unread post by KB2CRK » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:05 am

You got him all fixed up, Hes part of the family. Keep on keepin on

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1972 travco

Unread post by dirtydeno » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 am

I know working on a project for a long time can be discouraging but it looks like you are at the finish line. I would take a few trips first before any decisions are made.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by datsit » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:19 am

Put many miles, hours - days & weeks together with BD , it took a new mechanic's F****P to destroy the FAITH - - wife will not ride in it again !!!!!! or me if she has her way !!!!

She LOVES it and does want to keep - - - but on a RV pad out back on property as a bunkie !?!?

Way to good for that - - BUT - - life is getting shorter for me at my age AND BD should have a better out look !?!?!

Return to “New Members Introductions”