1975 two-seventy

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 1975 M270 :-)

1975 two-seventy

Unread post by Jist Michele » Sun May 05, 2019 8:11 am

Good morning all! I have just got a 1975 Travco m270 !

it runs it smokes a lot! The generator is not running but the guy said it was when he parked it a year ago. It now lives in Utah but came from Oregon. The original paperwork was in the map box and stated that the guy traded his house for the motor home and pay off some bills. I don't have a name yet for it.

It is grey with a two blue stripes going down the side. I have yet to find one that looks like this so I am think it was repainted. I am going to buff it up and see if the paint can be left alone. They are cool colors like military jeep looking.

All the windows are good but one big chip and the start of a crack going across the top of the passenger side windshield. I was told I can have it filled and the crack cut so it will stop if I can find a replacement. I plan of going off road with this and I worry it will not hold like it was just a road unit. As for the window rubber sills the all look dried out, Not leaking or cracking just old looking. I am trying to find if there is a way to just reuse them or oil them maybe?

The inside is dusty and there are like three layers of wallpaper on the walls. Someone really tried hard to make it look good. They took the cupboards and trim down to put up the nice 80's paper. The fridge is missing but that no big deal the old ones were too much of a drain on power and gas anyways. All the cushions are way dated and I am learning about redoing them. The cupboard doors are a different story someone glued floor linoleum to the fronts and it is not coming off anytime soon. The carpet looks as if someone tried to bleach it. So what started out as a brownish is now pink very pink. So all that is coming out and being replaced with wood planks that I know are good for RVs.

I see lots of videos of people redoing RVs and they just rip it all out and start over. So here I go to remove everything that's not screwed down today and see what I get. Wish me Luck!!

Oh and thanks for letting me into this forum!!
Michele

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: 1975 two-seventy

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun May 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Welcome to the forum

Return to “New Members Introductions”