Hello, My brother is a new owner of a 67 Travco 270...I'm the auto mechanic...scratching his head

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: My Brothers 67' 270. Im the Me

Hello, My brother is a new owner of a 67 Travco 270...I'm the auto mechanic...scratching his head

Unread post by Grand_sea » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello all Ricky here, my older brother bought a 67 Travco 270 about a year ago...and is storing it at my younger brothers house...bottom line I have never worked on carburetor powered heavy chassis vehicles...where do I go for parts, anyone have a pdf service manual they can email me...previous owners have butchered the electrical and aftermarket carb any help would help...I have less than a month to get this road worthy at least enough to start and limp down the road a couple hundred miles...thank you for any help offered!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Hello, My brother is a new owner of a 67 Travco 270...I'm the auto mechanic...scratching his head

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:33 am

Welcome to the forum. 67 Should be a 318. Now the better question is which 318 as 67 was the crossover year. The A 318 is better Known as the Poly after it's Poly-spherical combustion chambers. The other 318 is the LA 318 which continued on into the 90's and became the Magnum. The poly has a saw tooth side on its valve covers. I am not sure if the RB 413 was an option yet in 67. Carburated engine with points ignition are simple once you understand the basics which as a Mechanic you have. 67 Chassis manual will have a schematic for the wiring. It should be very basic. Have fun digging in. Napa still has parts books.

Return to “New Members Introductions”