72 travco

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Travco Model: 580

72 travco

Unread post by mopontop » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:27 pm

hi i recently bought a travco, i need help with brake parts the ownership says its a model 590 am not sure what it is,trying to get complete drum brake front and back and a master cylinder single double booster could you help me i only found parts for a m300

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1971 270

Re: 72 travco

Unread post by Dodgy71 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Need to know some more specifics of your rig. Is it a 1972, 270? If so, it is probably a Dodge M375 chassis. If you attach a picture of it, we can probably help you figure out the Travco model. Also, if you look at and photo the tag that is mounted on the firewall (left side, when the front access panel is opened) you can decode the chassis.\n I'm in the process of rebuilding the entire brake system on my 1971 270. Some parts are tough to come by. If you have trouble finding some brake parts, try Geoffrey at Alretta, he knows these old Dodge's brakes well, brakeparts@mac.com. He helped me with some of the tough ones. Be prepared. Like anything rare (parts and specific knowledge), they can be costly relative to Rock Auto and the like.

Travco Model:

Re: 72 travco

Unread post by 77Travco » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:02 am

Welcome!\nBrakes are a common issue on these coaches. It can get expensive if you don't do the work yourself. The trick is to drive them on a regular basis to "exercise" them. Sounds like you probably have a 270 model.

Return to “New Members Introductions”