Windshield Replacement

Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 1976 270

Re: Windshield Replacement

Unread post by RobC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:46 pm

I talked to my local window guy recommended through my trusted mechanic about resetting and re-sealing the cluster-f___ job my PO did on my windshields. I have the gasket and lock strip and he estimated about $200 per side in labor.\n\nHe did give me a very matter-of-fact warning about the fogging delamination. He said I need to be prepared in the event one or both break. he said the fogged edges are very brittle as the gain most of their strength from the two-ply bonded, curved glass. He says the use a company that makes custom windshields and thought it would be cheaper than the estimates above. We will see.\n\nit is one of those things were you can't really give it a try and hope for the best. If it breaks you gotta get a new windshield. I can only drive with goggles for so long....\n\nI will let you guys know what the estimate for the glass is when I get it.\n\nRob\n\nIn the meantime he gave me some almost expired (new) tube of special windshield sealer with no solvents in it for plugging holes here and there.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:29 pm

once again... rearing its ugly head is the Travco windshield problem...do a search for FLAT GLASS in this sites search engine...\nIF what you see MIGHT be a more serious, econmical and practical move... this might be the way out with replacement flat \nglass at $150.00 per side tinted & installed. \nBTW: To "mold" the glass you need an oven the right size and a form for the glass to conform to while hot...\nCant see that being done for only a couple of Hunnert' dollers...FWIW\nBBB

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by datsit » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Try this guy out ?? RV Glasparts Vintage Motorhome Glass

Unread post by Joshwahall » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone here knows when the windshield size changed? I have a 67 that currently has no windshield and I have found a 72' parts travco with glass that looks the same for $500 both sides 300 miles away, had the owner pull some measurements and from what I can tell, it's a good match.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 m375/270

Unread post by gojoe » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:55 am

Just want to add a quick price update to this oldie but goodie thread. Just got a quote from RV Glass solutions. Glass at 916.00 per side gasket still at 184.00. 3200.00 total with replacement.

Return to “Glass and Gaskets”