Roof Repairs ?

Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model:

Roof Repairs ?

Unread post by 42itus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Has anyone ever installed a vinyl roof on an RV? Just wondering about the feasibility aspect. Also, Stephanie saw an ad on TV ( I never watch) about some product called flex shot or something like. This product sounds "iffy" from what she recalls. Regards, 42itus in SW Michigan. :?:

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Roof Repairs ?

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:37 am

Had a membrane roof that had a life of an estimated 10 years... EVERYTHING has too be removed, all rotten roof supports etc. need to be replaced/repaired then unroll a single sheet of rubber membrane material over the complete roof, finally replacing all roof attachments.. If not repaired asap, water damage will start immediately to rot the structure..By the time water damage is noticed/detected.. it is already too late...On a 1990 30 foot basement w/sunken living room etc.Blazer, and about 8 years ago the replacement was 5 Thous plus...If you havent bought a rv with a membrane roof yet... I wouldnt.. The previous owner probably had a cost check and decided to off that on someone else who isnt aware of the work & cost involved... Ever notice the sellers might say... slight water leak and has been repaired.. Run, dont walk away from those "deals"... Been there.\nIMO & My $.02 worth..\nBTW: The guy I offed my problem to, traded me a class C 22' Coachman, slathered over 25-30 gallons of Mobil home roofing or sealant/tar on the roof and left for Fla. near Miami where he parked it on a lot and is still living in it there....AFAIK\nBBB

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model:

Unread post by 42itus » Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 am

Anyone recommend flex tape ? Some contractor buddies use it often. Regards, 42itus

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 am

badbillybiker wrote:25-30 gallons of Mobil home roofing or sealant/tar on the roof
\n :lol:

Return to “Body, Paint Gelcoat specific”