Refrigerator question

Stoves, Water Heaters, Furnace Stove Etc...
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Refrigerator question

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 pm

My refrigerator just went out and I can't find the id tag. I did find an id tag on the cooling unit and it has a Product ID # of o286101. It measures 24 1/2" wide and 56 inches tall but I am unsure of the depth as I have not pulled it out yet. I am taking a guess that it is an 8 cubic foot model but i am thinking about trying to replace the cooling unit but with out the model number that is difficult. I have tried searching but come up dry. Any help is greatly appreciated.\n\nThanks\nPaul

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Refrigerator question

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:27 pm

why waste the time repairing it? You will end up with a expensive repair that will leave you with a partial unit that is "39" years old. You are gonna' have to tear the whole thing out to do a repair anyhow unless you cut a hole in the outside of the rv to access the back of the fridge....Tear the old out and replace with a straight 110 volt, (as in cheap) not so critical on leveling ammonia POS.that takes about 8 hrs to cool down....... If you take the unit out, saving the exterior pieces, you can end up with extra space. I ripped the 76 out (BTW it was a 1976 2+2 mahal) which is probably the identical fridge...and had extra room and put in a more efficient fridge... Thats my $.02 worth.. Check about for other opinions...and cost effectiveness...\nBBB

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:04 pm

not the best pics as at the time (many years ago) i took these for my own usage, not to show others what ripping a 76 2+2 fridge out would look like. These are what you could be seeing.... HTH\nBBB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:15 pm

That refrigerator is a bit different from mine and if I am seeing it right it is where my shower is. We actually have a 2 door unit with the separate freezer.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:32 pm

hhhhmmm...my unit didn't have the stand in shower... A crummy setup where you straddled the toilet and had a flexible shower hose attatched to the faucette at the sink.... There was the fridge, then the bathroom door then the "locker area. Had two single beds one on each side with a chest in the middle at the rear. Havent seen a double door option.. Might be an after market? This shown had two doors and one was for a separate freezer... anyways... this is what I had and am going to rip my 74 out even though I haven't tried it... 110v is good enough for me as thinking heavily of doing the solar bit. Already have controller, pieces etc. except the panel and deciding on one 250 watt or three harbor freight deals but they are only 45 watts... Decisions decisions.\nBBB\nWhat happened with the tires?\n..

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:54 pm

I ended up getting the 4 rear tires replaced with new at a tire shop 1/2 mile from where I pulled over for the night. They had them in stock and the trip to Pensacola went on.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 pm

TNX... was wondering.... Hope the age of the tires is/are pretty current... Always wonder how long they sit and age before being sold... Have to take the same trip when I get mine back... a lot like you have to do...FWIW... Always keep the best for the steering as your life is in those decisions... Having a bit of a problem finding those 8 x 19.5 around here... I had thought these would be popular... Now I don't think they are anymore... and I haven't seen any 22.5 rims being available for the Travco... FWIW, I posted a few various charts for determining the age of your rv tires elsewhere on this forum......BBB

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:16 pm

Bridgestone still makes the 8R 19.5. Tire rack sells them online and they are available to most firestone dealers. I kept the front tires on the front due to date code and they are bridgestones. The date code puts them under 2 years. The new rears are showing just under 3 but it was an emergency situation and it is what they had. I will be going to the local Tires plus and getting another Bridgestone for the spare. I have also picked up covers for everything to keep the bright Georgia sun off of them.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:29 pm

TNX... That NFO will have a factor when I get mine.... Prefer Michelins for the steering myself... What I ran on the 76 & 90... Can't seem to find any 19.5's... Bridgestones will work too for frontline rubber...Have to hound some firestone stores tomorrow.. \nWhere I worked, we only had 22.5 Michelins on the front and blowouts were a thing of the past... Anything went for the rears...\n500HP Macks, 119k gross and 90 feet long, Triples on the Turnpikes only...miss the hourly pay checks but not the handling!!!\nNow even the 270/27 footers are questionable... A decent 220 would be desirable now... Of course I would take my screen door with me...\nBBB

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:51 am

KB2CRK wrote:That refrigerator is a bit different from mine and if I am seeing it right it is where my shower is. We actually have a 2 door unit with the separate freezer.
\nWhen you say "2 door", do you mean like mine in the pics below? ...or do you have a side by side unit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “All other Appliances”