What did you name your Travco, and why?

Post up here anything else camping or RV related or just general chit chat.
\nABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS or RELIGION
\nTake that stuff somewhere else. This is a G Rated Forum.
Author
Travco Model: 270

What did you name your Travco, and why?

Unread post by datsunlover » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:26 pm

20181006_122509.jpg
\n\nHi, I noticed that just about everyone has named their Travco, including me, and I always wonder how they get them. \n\nI will start.\n\nFor me, "The Travco" just seemed too impersonal. I rescued Claire from the scrapyard, i'm fairly sure. My point is, I knew I was making a big (life long) commitment, and wasn't in for an easy ride. Like a marriage, lol. I bought her to be my home, even during the repair/remodel, so we spent nearly all our time together from the start. \n\nI had also previously decided to keep and drive my Datsun all my life too, so now I have the pair, my '69 and '70. \n\nI've had the Datsun for over 20 years, and stenciled "time machine" (a "Back to the Future" reference, I'm that age)on the back window, but it didn't stick as his name. I think because it took longer to say than Datsun. \n\nKeeping in the spirit, I renamed him "Doc", and she became "Claire" (both 1 syllable), and a pair, he was the mechanically inclined inventer, and she was his muse. I see Doc as an extention of me, and Claire is where most my ideas are born nowadays.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: What did you name your Travco, and why?

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:49 am

Interesting Topic. Yes our Travco also has a name. My wife named her Nessie after the Loch Ness Monster. We are also in the process of remodeling and have been since we got her almost 4 years ago. When we are done it will be a Scottish Pub Motif. Now in the meantime she has been used for camping including a trip from Georgia to Ohio, them Michigan and back home. I can't say she performed flawlessly but she did make the entire trip including two interesting grade climbs. (Fancy Gap in VA. and Mont Eagle in TN.) all while pulling to 2016 Dodge Journey on a dolly. My daily driver is also a truck but not as old as yours. I have not named it either as the dodge seems to fit too well. The Dodge is an 86 D150 short bed with a 225 slant 6 and a 4 speed. Just got it broke in at a bit over 450,000 miles and makes the 80 mile round trip to and from work every day.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: dodge mahal,1970

Unread post by raysimmons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 am

traveller is the name for my '70 mahal. (Robert e lee's grey mare that was never injured throughout the civil war). I've been riding this "mare" for the past 20 or so yrs now and it also has never let me down. as a side note, it was quite a hit at the vintage rv campout in galway ny last month.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 m375/270

Unread post by gojoe » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:54 am

When I was inspecting the underside before purchase the name Joe Gamble was written in large letters across the gas tank. I just stuck with that.

Return to “Campfire General Discussion”