TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Off Topic » All other RV related Disscussions
Post up here anything else camping or RV related.
Absolutely NO Politics or Religion. Take that stuff somewhere else. This is a G Rated Forum.

How Many Times have you used your Travco this summer ?

None, still working on it
36%
1-5 times
27%
5-10 times
18%
10+times(damn you live in that thang ???)
18%

Total votes : 11

How many times did you camp with your Travco this summer ?

Unread postby Acesneights on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I realize in the Northeast it's the unofficial end of summer. You guys down south probably get to camp year round. I got two more trips planned this year before I lay her down for winter.
1975 Travco 270
1974 Travco 220 Parts unit
Acesneights
Site Admin
Site Admin

Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Re: How many times did you camp with your Travco this summer

Unread postby aktravcoer on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 pm

yep, the fireweed is dieing off in the mountains, so winter is almost here! but yeah, ive lived in this thing all summer with very few issues (mostly battery related). I wasn't really looking for a travco, but the travco found me! me and my girlfriend were going to go atv-ing this weekend in it, and we didn't go and she said she felt bad because we didn't get to go camping, but then I reminded her that I camp out everynight!
aktravcoer

Travco Model: 220

Unread postby gezundheit on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 am

i live in Ma.when i brought my 220 home back in may,i realized she was needing a good going over.so,goodby summer and maybe even fall.we are finally getting close to wrapping things up and the next step will be heading south before the first snowfall.i made a repair list when i got home and recently compared it to whats been done.not even close.thankfully,i'm pushing off for the south,list or no list.i ordered a set of bilstein shocks and after their installed she will be roadworthy enough
to go anywhere.regards,gezundheit.
gezundheit
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby badbillybiker on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:25 pm

wow... glad you are getting to go.. I got mine this fall. No time for external repairs and am deciding when to get towed for the brakes this winter. U asked a while ago about my pups. Companion was to watch them while as I took my SG (trailer queen) and GMC to the W.Coast She passed so I changed plans in mid-stream and got another Travco so I can take them spoiled mutts with me. So I have no idea as to how they would behave/act etc....No MC on this run whenever it starts...I am already envious of your trip and you havent even left yet... Guess you will miss JellicoTn mountain too...
BBB
badbillybiker
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Travco Model: 270

Unread postby gezundheit on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Zero times!
i spent winter of 14 down in florida.when i got home in april i immediately had an accident which caused me 4 months confinement at home wearing knee pads.would'nt have minded the time lost if i was still 17 but at my present age it was a big deal.
so i spent the rest of the year,up until now working on my 220.making good progress and have caught up on the to do list.that 4 month re-hab and unexpected plumbing and electrical house problems left my camping fund non existent,so there's no
chance for winter 15 as planned.i'll be home shoveling snow.so much for making plans.i know that all sounds like such a downer when **** happens but messing with old motorhomes can only be done by a dreamer,so i'll be planning for the new year.
regards,gezundheit.
gezundheit
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby KB2CRK on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:28 am

I have to say none as I just picked up the Travco in November.However the tents were set up at least 4 weekends this past summer. The Travco will be ready to roll by April. A trip to the Pensacola area will be its first big trip. Hopefully it will be done in time for a short trip to Lake Russell at Calhoun Falls in SC for a test trip.
KB2CRK

Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Return to All other RV related Disscussions