TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Off Topic » All other RV related Disscussions
Post up here anything else camping or RV related.
Absolutely NO Politics or Religion. Take that stuff somewhere else. This is a G Rated Forum.

Dealer frames

Unread postby 7d6 Travco on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:51 am

Spoke with my uncle who gave me the Travco this week, he sent down all the paperwork and stuff he had on it (mom's family is from Alaska). Since we get along well, we were talking about stuff and it popped into my head to ask if he remembered where he bought it. Seems that the only authorized dealer around here was Lynnwood Dodge.
Lynnwood is just north of Seattle, at that dealership was just off Aurora Avenue/highway 99. Since I have lived east of Seattle for almost a decade now, last I remembered it was still open- well, looked it up and apparently it has been shuttered. So I put out some feelers to find a vintage metal set of the dealership license plate frames and ended up getting a response from a guy in the south end. Nice guy, real car guy- found out he also had an NOS/'never-been-on-a-car' pair of Northwest Chrysler Plymouth frames. My '69 Valiant V-100 2-dr sedan is from there, as well my '72 Scamp might be from there as well-have to contact the woman who bought it new in order to confirm that.
The cheapy plastic ones from dealers in business I never keep on my 'driver' vehicles. The old metal ones? Heck yeah, I pick them up and if I don't put them on a car, they end up on my garage walls (I have emblems, license plates, auto-related stickers/decals, signs, lenses, all that!).
It's a nice finishing touch. The Travco I have is the one vehicle from my childhood that is still around, my kids will get to enjoy it, and it's just too cool. When the Washington State title arrives, I plan on changing the registration to a collector/antique vehicle and using an old Washington truck plate my grandfather gave me when I was 8 years old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7d6 Travco
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Travco Model: 320

Re: Dealer frames

Unread postby 77Travco on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 pm

I have my 270 registered as an antique vehicle. Works well for me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
77Travco

Travco Model:

Unread postby 7d6 Travco on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

I said something about using the old white & green Washington tags when I was changing the title and the woman at the counter was like "Well then you can't take it camping or drive it around. You can only take it to parades and shows, yadda, yadda, yadda.." I know she is wrong, but I have to wait until I have the title in my hand and when I do, you will find me at a different license agency registering it as an antique with period correct tags. They try to discourage it here because it is a one-time $150 fee. They get no more money if you never come back, LOL.

You just can't daily drive it, and a Travco 320 does not a good commuter make! :lol:
7d6 Travco
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby 77Travco on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:04 pm

In Texas you are allowed to drive an antique vehicle for maintenance purposes... including going to the gas station or car wash... or to get propane, etc. I always carry tools and a red rag around with me because every trip is a maintenance trip! :D
77Travco

Travco Model:

Unread postby 7d6 Travco on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 am

Here you can drive an "Antique"/ historic vehicle as long as it is NOT daily. And I bit my tongue when she said "You can't ever take it camping. Only to parades or shows." Ummm, how many vintage camper/trailer/RV shows or rallies happen in parks and camp grounds? Most of 'em!
7d6 Travco
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby 77Travco on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:07 am

7d6 Travco wrote:Ummm, how many vintage camper/trailer/RV shows or rallies happen in parks and camp grounds? Most of 'em!

Exacty... and I also tow my antique motorcycle behind my antique Travco when I go to those events.
77Travco

Travco Model:

Unread postby 7d6 Travco on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:48 am

I have a Banshee 350...not really 'vintage'
I do have a '69 Valiant 2-dr sedan, that'd be better I suppose
7d6 Travco
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Acesneights on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 am

I have been considering doing the same. I wanted to put Antique PLates on my M1008 but I tow my Skid steer around with it form time to time but when the Travco is up I am going to convert. Assesor valued my Travco at 5,000$ for Property tax. If I do Antique plates I pay a flat rate which is cheaper.
1975 Travco 270
1974 Travco 220 Parts unit
Acesneights
Site Admin
Site Admin

Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread postby 7d6 Travco on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:33 am

Just got my Washington State title. Not a lot of time to futz with putting the vintage tags on before I have to head back to Sarasota (work). Maybe when I get back up next trip
7d6 Travco
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to All other RV related Disscussions