TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Off Topic » All other RV related Disscussions
Post up here anything else camping or RV related.
Absolutely NO Politics or Religion. Take that stuff somewhere else. This is a G Rated Forum.

Grill Suggestions / Cosmetics

Unread postby badbillybiker on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:54 pm

I temprorarily fitted this for a test to see after viewing a number of times... if this what I am going to run with.
Have a new Dodge Ram grill I'm also kicking about. this would look and fit better after fitting and altering the grill cavity.
HHhhmmm... bored so I took a run out to the camper today (temp is 43 degrees) to try another grill I had lying about the garage... giving anyone more adventerous grill ideas?
Might next try the jaws (upper and lower teeth) from the Tasmanian Devil as used on big rigs. Don't know how else to describe them... That hole (grill cavity) in the front sure makes one want to stick a lot of things in there...
And I haven't yet touched on the gold bulldog or the chrome ones that fit on the sides of the doors, and Mack or Sterling or Peterbuilt or Dodge or Travco lettering...to place on the front... and comments about the Travco looking like an air-stream or something.. I really can do a head "fx^%#$" game with curious folks who... gotta' know...... and would I lie to them??
Stay tuned for the changing attitudes I will get as the weather changes...
FWIW: I moved these pics to this location so it could be viewed easier. Comments?
BBB
If anyone is interested : 8-)
Top Pic is of a 1989 Dodge Caravan (really any square grill will do)
Second pic is 1974 Travco
Third is a Dodge Ram pick up truck (Bought years ago at Flea Market, year unknown)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by badbillybiker on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
badbillybiker
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Travco Model: 270

Re: Grill Suggestions / Cosmetics

Unread postby Acesneights on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:27 pm

I always wondered how a tube grille like the old chevys used to have would look.
1975 Travco 270
1974 Travco 220 Parts unit
Acesneights
Site Admin
Site Admin

Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread postby RobC on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:43 pm

I like the dodge ram grill. I little black paint on the edges of the hole that show through would slick that thing up pretty good.

I am in need of the "rectangular chrome trim ring that goes around the whole headlights grill portion of the front of 175's and later.

I do not want to have one made but that may be my only option.

RobC
RobC
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Travco Model: 1976 270

Unread postby badbillybiker on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:05 pm

yes I agree with the cavity touch up... but as the original egg crate grill is still in place...and I have another just like it in the garage.. I found it easer for shits n grins to just prop it up (the piece I am testing) with small pieces of wood for what ever Idea and tie it if necessary so I can have a fast look see then photograph it, then look at it to see if it is pleasing to me and make an appropriate decision at a later date......
hhhhmmmm... about that rectangular ring about the front... Have a a front view pic available of your coach?
You are aware the end caps are of pot? metal and subject to pitting on all that I have seen?
and the top cross piece is stainless as is the bottom?
Went and re-looked at my 74... Only 1 piece across the top and one piece across the bottom here
Do you just need the end caps/pieces or the whole complete "ring including the upper/lower" two pieces?
Rechecked and it's a four piece item... Wasn't sure but the pieces from both years have a groove in
their centers. Wasnt sure and didnt want to regret any offings.
BBB
Last edited by badbillybiker on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
badbillybiker
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby 77Travco on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:13 pm

I am kind of fond of the tube grill / horizontal bar look. Though the Tasmanian devil teeth may an be interesting way to go.
I would go with the "TRAVCO" letters on the front or at least paint them on to look original.
77Travco

Travco Model:

Unread postby badbillybiker on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:39 pm

I posted a while back "somewhere" in this forum...a place where chrome lettering in different sizes and fonts could be ordered. Some closely resembling the Travco scripts.
FWIW, my unit had the word DODGE on the front... But will change that eventually
Might even name it Peterbilt or Flxible or Sterling...
BBB
badbillybiker
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby gezundheit on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Saw a Mercedes Benz star off a Benz truck,it was on a 71' travco grill.way cool!
gezundheit
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Travco Model: 220

Unread postby badbillybiker on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:16 pm

HHHmmmm. that would be interesting.. Any pics to get an idea about the scale etc of that Benz star?
BBB
badbillybiker
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to All other RV related Disscussions