TravcoForum.com

Travco Classic Motorhome Support & Discussion Forum

Skip to content

Change font size

Board index » Off Topic » All other RV related Disscussions
Post up here anything else camping or RV related.
Absolutely NO Politics or Religion. Take that stuff somewhere else. This is a G Rated Forum.

Any full timers here?

Unread postby 77Travco on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:48 pm

I am curious to know if there are any full timers here that actually live or have lived in there Travco? (or other antique RV)
My wife and I are planning to purchase a brand new 5th wheel toy hauler within the next 10 years and go full time at that point. Last night we were discussing the idea of trying it in our Travco 270 first. Anyone have any thoughts or input?
77Travco

Travco Model:

Re: Any full timers here?

Unread postby gezundheit on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm not one myself but would love to do it.i just got back from a trip to Canada and discovered a few things that I have to add to my 220 to make living aboard more comfortable.its great to be able to plan for ten years down the road like you guys are doing.in between,use the heck outta the travco to gain all the insight about your future plans and if it will suit your lifestyle.a lot can happen in ten years to alter and change things.in my case,I pretty much restored my 220 to where she's very roadworthy and reliable.would I,could I full time her?i think I could,just having returned from two thousand plus mile trip,my only real complaint is,I waited to long and now life has caught up with me.sure I'll still improve the old girl and dream of that far.off destination,just wish I had more time.
gezundheit
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Travco Model: 220

Unread postby 77Travco on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:46 pm

So far, the longest distance from home in our Travco has been about 175 miles away. I have gone through it and made it reliable down to the new tires I recently installed. (and the many spare parts that I carry)
I read your reply to my wife and we both agree... we aren't getting any younger. I am 45 but I don't want to wait 15 or more years to do this. We have taken long distance motorcycle trips for years and now we plan to start taking a few of those trips in our Travco. Basically, we are waiting for our kids get older and move out. I may have to sign one of them up for the military or something. :D
Right now the plan is to full time in our Travco 270 for the first year and then move to a 5th wheel toy hauler so we can carry our Harleys with us on the road. I know how things can change but its the plan for now.
77Travco

Travco Model:

Unread postby gezundheit on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm 32yrs older than you guys and along the way realized that "stuff"was becoming a burden to me.it can put the lid on your dreams and force compromise on just about everything.its also very expensive!if you guys can agree on your future plans,then it will work for you.if you can't take it with you when full timing,then sell it.start attacking that stuff now so when the countdown is single digits you will both be ready,lean,mean and unstoppable.
gezundheit
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Travco Model: 220

Unread postby 77Travco on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:28 pm

My wife is only 36. :D
Down sizing shouldn't be a problem for us. We are constantly cleaning out clutter and giving stuff away that we don't use. My biggest hoard of anything I have is tools... I'll have a hard time letting go of those.
77Travco

Travco Model:

Return to All other RV related Disscussions