1977 290 Travco

Author
Travco Model: 290

1977 290 Travco

Unread post by FARMBOY70 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 am

Hi everyone.\nYesterday I was able to buy a 1977 Travco.\nMuch like a dog chasing a car I'm not sure yet what to do with it now that I have it.\nIt appears to be complete but is not in running condition as it has set for about 8 years.\nI would like to get it back on the road. When I get it to my shop it will get a good going over.\n I run a Mopar Muscle car restoration shop and am very familiar with Mopar mechanical and electric systems.\nMotor home wiring not so much.\nThe owner gave me the factory service manuals to take home and the tow company is going to bring it to me tomorrow. \nI'll try posting a picture I took with my phone today also.\nIs it Ok post pictures from a site like Photobucket in link form?\nIf not mods please delete or let me know and I can delete it.\nThanks\nDave\nImage
Last edited by FARMBOY70 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Travco Model:

Re: Hi from PA

Unread post by 77Travco » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Welcome!\nLooks like a nice and complete 320 that you have there!\nBeing familiar with Mopars will definitely help. Most old Travco's that have sat for long periods will almost surely need brake work. Wheel cylinder seals dry rot and moving parts freeze up.\nAsk away if you have questions. there are some pretty knowledgeable people here. \nI use photobucket too.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 1975 270,1974 220

Unread post by Acesneights » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Welcome !!\nWhere abouts in PA ? I travel to the Poconos all the time to visit close friends in the Rowland area.\nNice rig.\nWiring is very simple in these. Any questions, just fire away.
1977 Travco 270 Elite\n1974 Travco 220 Parts unit

Unread post by FARMBOY70 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:33 am

Acesneights wrote:Welcome !!\nWhere abouts in PA ? I travel to the Poconos all the time to visit close friends in the Rowland area.\nNice rig.\nWiring is very simple in these. Any questions, just fire away.
\nHi\nGot it back to the shop and have had little time to go over it but so far the frame appears undamaged and wiring seems to be OK.\nSoon I hope to start testing the systems to see what works.\nI am located in the western part of Pa\nDave

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 am

Hi...Welcome aboard... Finally a pic of a known captured 290 or 29 Foot unit. \nPerusing the pic and noticed the unusual mirror configuration...\nLonger/Taller round aluminum mirror posts for the added mirrors.\nMy stock factory original 270 mirror posts, either the square (74) or round (76) ones do not allow for any more mirrors...\nThe more I look, the more I see, I need those goodies for mine.. Air Horns, remote spotlight... \nHHHhhmmmm.....Where did you say you park at night??? (Just kiddin')\nI guess Acesn8's, it's time for a 290 section in the Main Board Section?\nBBB

Unread post by FARMBOY70 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi\nIt is 29 feet long.So I assume that means a 290 model ? .\nNo owners manual as of yet but a service manual came with it.\nI pressure washed it to get the green stains off so far.\nIn side is musty smelling so some work to do there.\nWe had fun bringing it home!\nBoth right side tires went down just before getting to the shop ,but we made it safe.\nSo far nothing has been found that makes me think I can't put it back on the road.\nBut I need to do a lot more digging on things.\nHere is another picture.\nDave\n\nImage\nImage

Unread post by FARMBOY70 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Are 29 footers a odd ball unit?\nI didn't see a 290 section on this site so I wasn't sure what model I have.\nDave

Unread post by FARMBOY70 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:56 pm

badbillybiker wrote:Hi...Welcome aboard... Finally a pic of a known captured 290 or 29 Foot unit. \nPerusing the pic and noticed the unusual mirror configuration...\nLonger/Taller round aluminum mirror posts for the added mirrors.\nMy stock factory original 270 mirror posts, either the square (74) or round (76) ones do not allow for any more mirrors...\nThe more I look, the more I see, I need those goodies for mine.. Air Horns, remote spotlight... \nHHHhhmmmm.....Where did you say you park at night??? (Just kiddin')\nI guess Acesn8's, it's time for a 290 section in the Main Board Section?\nBBB
\nI see your from Cleveland, I'm not far away, just over the pa side from Youngstown on I 80.\nDave

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Yep..On the west side.... Better not leave your door open or... that highly desirable screen door will one day vanish...The 29 is not an oddball... Just being held closely by the people that own them... Door location is like a MAHAL version of the 270 and position as on the 220's. I personally would have liked the 270 to have the squarish rear rather than the Flxble style or like the 210. There are manuals about the site... Gotta' do a search.....Gather the names of what ever piece you are requiring manuals for such as Suburban, Norkold, cck genset, etc. and start with that... The manuals are out there... just need to know what to hunt for...FWIW.\nBBB (Dave=Farmboy?)

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 am

I just assumed all "squarebacks" were 32 feet long. :) I didn't even realize there was a 29 foot version. I would bet that it has an M600 chassis?\nIt really does look to be in good condition... nice find. keep us posted with pics and updates!

Return to “Travco 290”