Steering Stabilizer...

Post here for Steering ,suspension and tires discussion
Author
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Steering Stabilizer...

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:45 am

I tried to view the Steer Safe site and was totally disappointed in the results. Listed the rm300 chasis (the only piece of nfo listed) not knowing how much more nfo was needed, looked for axle or brake instructions on their site and no where could I find those. Went to the order section and was facing a screen of nothing... I cannot believe I am that senile that I am incapable of navigating a site... Any one have a correct site or alternative place of purchase? Same thing with camping world and the Bilstein Stabilizer... found the correct? shock, but all other nfo is useless there also...\nOne of my saf t steer springs is broke and cannot find any replacement parts or. a new kit.. BTW refrain is being used here...subject to change\nBBB (1974 slowly being brought back to civility)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Steering Stabilizer...

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 am

Billy, Do you have disc front brakes?\nIf you call steer safe on the phone number on their site they can tell you which kit you need. It worked much better than I ever expected on the 76. Not very hard to put it on.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:15 am

Yes.... It has new brakes/rotors/lines. etc.just installed...\nI have what I presume to be the Saf-T-Steer and as it is an older installation, I thought a new\nset-up would be to my advantage rather than trying to find repair parts. With that being said\nI will then have spare parts for my next adventure....Looking and taking pics I also noticed\nthat the front springs are two different sizes, lenghts and diameters???? PO repair?... \nThank You for the input...\nBBB

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:30 am

The springs on the steer safe for the M500 Chassis are the same for all 4 (2 per side) and it comes with a lifetime warranty and from what I have read they honor it and it includes springs and hardware,

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: None - Dodge chassis info

Unread post by Dave78Chieftain » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:00 pm

This is where you have to understand how dodge redid their chassis id in 1975:\n\nRM300 = M300\nRM350 = M400\nRM400 = M500\nRM500 = M600\n\nSo, on the steer Safe will-it-fit web page, under the Dodge section, you want P/N RM-500X\n\nI would call them to confirm that though as I have no idea what "brake pods" are.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:37 pm

The RM-500x is what I got for my 76. I guess they mean the brake calipers as the set up uses the lower caliper bolt as one of the mounts.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Mine is a 1974 with disc brakes. I can find the rm300 but no other nfo is forthcoming at that site... Not very friendly to the dodge's.IMO\nThanks for the NFO... Presuming "pods" are the caliper's?\nWent to internet Camping World and the "tech" chick said she would call back right away... about 5 hours ago... Think they are now closed.!!.\nDon't want to post what I think of the Akron Camping World Service department...\nBBB

Return to “Steering,Suspension and Tires”