Travco Driveshaft center support bearing

Transmissions, Rear Diff, etc.
Author
Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Travco Driveshaft center support bearing

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I am lucky as The nearest Napa is run by old school parts guys as is a local truck parts store. racks of books on the counter, computer used for location in the back and pricing only.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:17 pm

WOW... I guess I will have to look at my old photo's to remember what a real auto parts store counter loaded up with parts listing catalogs and reference books looks like... Seems a long time ago I ran into a place like you are describing when I was lost and wandering on some old country backroads looking for some rv parts back in the day...The counter guy who was the owner could only answer you if you wrote your needs on a sheet of paper as he was darn near deef, and moved about with a walker... Think he was so old his SS was running out... I coughed a lot as there was so much dust there and luckily I had a flashlight with me to help look in the dim store at the parts books.. I finally got what I wanted... a ignition points file for the sum of $.39 cents.. Sure was a bargain...\nThose were the days... BTW... Where did you say this real auto parts store is located? I gottss' to see it for myself.. maybe snag a pic of the place... :lol: \nBBB

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: None - Dodge chassis info

Unread post by Dave78Chieftain » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:07 pm

NAPA stores have the books. They use both the computer and the books\n\nThe NAPA books ;)

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:30 pm

One is Napa Auto Parts in Watkinsville GA.\nThe other is J.C. Nash Truck Parts in Winterville GA. Nash had the wiper blades for the Travco in stock. They deal mostly with big rig parts.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Unread post by badbillybiker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:37 am

Hi... it will be so recorded and made a note of...\nif things go, would like to see them as I have a plan on heading to PC, Fla. Travco permitting...\nOne of the projects is installing my screen door which will be needed... \nThe story was just that.. a bs story just to lighten up the sad ability's and difficulty of researching parts \nand finding interchanges by the "newer" supposedly real computer literate guru genuises.. \nHowever "We" as grouped together by the same, can function without an Ipad or smart phone... \nI am sure "we" can rebuild an engine, wire a motorcycle, do plumbing. rebuild a carb etc. etc. I know I can..\nThe newbies....will just sit there and pretend to know what we have already forgotten...\nEver notice when clerks make change at a register? They are cornfused when you add change to the price \nto get even monies like all paper etc... Total confusion and that blank higher educated stare..\nThat was the reason for the remarks about the BK gangs who are the "now" auto parts generation... \nTNX for that nfo... Will do a search on Duckduckgo.com and check them out...\nBBB\nPS: If this comment is not acceptable to the site , fell free to delete... Just fed up with \n being told that rv parts are no longer available...

Travco Model: L'esprit

Unread post by Jobe » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Can you confirm which models/ dodge chassis this fits? My L'esprit is a MB400

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: None - Dodge chassis info

Unread post by Dave78Chieftain » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Use the Spicer catalog to establish the Spicer P/N and work from there.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by KB2CRK » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Just ordered a new carrier bearing for Nessie as her old one is partially pulled apart by the Motor and trans mount issue posted in a different thread. I found a Timken on Amazon for just under $40 shipped. The part number is the same. I will let you all know how it works as soon as it gets here.

Return to “Drivetrain”