Trying to get a 73 going

Welcome...
\nStop here first and tell about yourselves...
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 m375/270

Trying to get a 73 going

Unread post by gojoe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Greetings,\n\nCool site.\n\nBeen here a couple of times and finally reallized that in order to post I needed to log on with Chrome browser (firefox wasn't showing a navigation bar on an Android os tablet). \n\nBought a raggedy 270 about 6 years back. Drove it 100 miles home on a 95 degree day waterpump leaking the whole way. Backfiring like a Howizer. Standing up on the brake pedal barley getting it to stop. Let it sit for years before I brought it inside. Remarkably the interior is in pretty good shape although nothing else seems to be. Recently found some 5 hole Budds for it. I've pretty much wrapped up the metal work up front and a bit of it in the rear. Wired it up with a new fuse panel and slapped a water pump on the 413 along with a new lower radiator hose that had to be reworked a bit. Instaled the correct thermo. Working on the side windows at the moment. Mostly enjoying the effort but it's a battle. Lots of work left to do. Anyway one think I've learned for sure is think twice before you buy a Travco with the words Joe Gamble written across the fuel tank. No joke.\n\nSome people have been telling me to fold. I'm thinking let it ride. \n\n
Picture 461.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 270

Re: Trying to get a 73 going

Unread post by badbillybiker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Welcome... \nLooks like you got a nice 73 to start with...\nYes it IS a daunting task, however in this forum there is or are most of the situations that you will/are encountering... \nare covered here. Check out the ASCII Parts listing for some place to start...\nA lot of good manuals too...\nBetter hurry, summer is fast approaching...\nBBB.\nPS:FWIW... Most problems arise from the unit sitting for a long time...\nI am using Outlook Chrome & Firefox...\nw/Ubuntu, Mint & XP

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:55 pm

They can be a lot of work. But never give up. It was 2 1/2 years ago we got our 76 and it has been work and it has served us well for camping. It is not finished and has a way to go but it does run. Keep going, it is worth it.

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Travco Model: 1972270 commerical travler

Unread post by 72twodoor270 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 pm

That looks like a GREAT rig! Don't give up. Its got the awning, air horns and two A/C's. And you just scored 5hole budds for it! Hell, your in a great spot with it. I say stick with it. They are too cool and your off to a strong start to fold up now. And welcome to the club, all of my friends think I have lost my mind. But I don't care. \n\nJust be careful- you'll end up with one or two more before you know it.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 m375/270

Unread post by gojoe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Looks like this could be the year for even more Travco. I recently saw a preview for an upcoming NBC show "Midnight Texas". Looks like a Travco stripe and all. Anyone else see that?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Unread post by KB2CRK » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:30 pm

I saw a preview and it is a Travco. Looks like a 68

Travco Model:

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 am

Ok... now I gotta go and search that on the net, lol.

Return to “New Members Introductions”