270 in Minnesota

Author
Message
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm
Travco Model: 76 270 2+2 & 76 270
Location: Askov, MN

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by ontheroad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 am

CEILING.jpg
\n\nProgress has been a little slow the last couple weeks... But we did get up the first ceiling panel!! I think it looks awesome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm
Travco Model: 76 270 2+2 & 76 270
Location: Askov, MN

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by ontheroad » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am

Been working on the inside of the coach the last couple weeks. I will try to post some pics in the next couple days. I hadn't been able to log on lately. And now I see why. Awesome upgrades moderators! The site looks very nice!

Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:32 am
Travco Model:
Location: Kerrville, Texas

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by 77Travco » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Site had some issues... good to see your still at it!

Offline
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 am
Travco Model: 220

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by Sea turtle » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm

How are you doing your ceiling? I have been debating on doing the back half of my 220 due to some water damage but I'm a little nervous. I don't want to get overwhelmed.

Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm
Travco Model: 76 270 2+2 & 76 270
Location: Askov, MN

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by ontheroad » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am

Sea turtle wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm
How are you doing your ceiling? I have been debating on doing the back half of my 220 due to some water damage but I'm a little nervous. I don't want to get overwhelmed.
Sorry, I just seen your question.

I picked up what was called bamboo paneling from Menards. It is only about 1/8" thick. And it makes the radius very well. The only thing we are doing to it is putting poly urethane on it. Then just the stuff that goes thru the ceiling is what is holding it up, cabinets, walls, roof vent, etc. I was really intimidated about doing it, but after I started, it is really a lot easier than I thought. I am however removing each wall, so I can pull the carpet out from under it. Then I have been building a shim or replacing the wall so it makes up the height difference from removing the carpet. I will try to get some picks up this week. I have been working on it on days when its not so cold out...

Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm
Travco Model: 76 270 2+2 & 76 270
Location: Askov, MN

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by ontheroad » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am

77Travco wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:19 pm
Site had some issues... good to see your still at it!
Thank you. The site looks awesome. I just need to spend more time here. We had a little one a couple weeks ago. Pretty excited about him. Here is a pic of him with his first book I got him! The alphabet in car parts!! :D
20190204_184321.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 am
Travco Model: 220

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by Sea turtle » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:02 pm

ontheroad wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am
Sea turtle wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm
How are you doing your ceiling? I have been debating on doing the back half of my 220 due to some water damage but I'm a little nervous. I don't want to get overwhelmed.
Sorry, I just seen your question.

I picked up what was called bamboo paneling from Menards. It is only about 1/8" thick. And it makes the radius very well. The only thing we are doing to it is putting poly urethane on it. Then just the stuff that goes thru the ceiling is what is holding it up, cabinets, walls, roof vent, etc. I was really intimidated about doing it, but after I started, it is really a lot easier than I thought. I am however removing each wall, so I can pull the carpet out from under it. Then I have been building a shim or replacing the wall so it makes up the height difference from removing the carpet. I will try to get some picks up this week. I have been working on it on days when its not so cold out...
Cool. I would love to see some pictures. I'm debating doing that myself. How is it removing the walls and then replacing?

Offline
Technician
Technician
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm
Travco Model: N/A (Site Tech!)

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:21 pm

ontheroad wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am
77Travco wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:19 pm
Site had some issues... good to see your still at it!
Thank you. The site looks awesome. I just need to spend more time here. We had a little one a couple weeks ago. Pretty excited about him. Here is a pic of him with his first book I got him! The alphabet in car parts!! :D

20190204_184321.jpg
LOL, great choice of first book - and congratulations! :)
- Travcoforum Website Administrator\n- Helping a friend - check out Duckies Longarm Quilting in the Oshawa / Durham Region area! www.duckiesquilting.com

Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm
Travco Model: 76 270 2+2 & 76 270
Location: Askov, MN

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by ontheroad » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 pm

PrivatePilot wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:21 pm
ontheroad wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am
77Travco wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:19 pm
Site had some issues... good to see your still at it!
Thank you. The site looks awesome. I just need to spend more time here. We had a little one a couple weeks ago. Pretty excited about him. Here is a pic of him with his first book I got him! The alphabet in car parts!! :D

20190204_184321.jpg
LOL, great choice of first book - and congratulations! :)
Thanks! Been pretty busy with him. lol.

Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm
Travco Model: 76 270 2+2 & 76 270
Location: Askov, MN

Re: 270 in Minnesota

Unread post by ontheroad » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Sea turtle wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:02 pm
ontheroad wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am
Sea turtle wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm
How are you doing your ceiling? I have been debating on doing the back half of my 220 due to some water damage but I'm a little nervous. I don't want to get overwhelmed.
Sorry, I just seen your question.

I picked up what was called bamboo paneling from Menards. It is only about 1/8" thick. And it makes the radius very well. The only thing we are doing to it is putting poly urethane on it. Then just the stuff that goes thru the ceiling is what is holding it up, cabinets, walls, roof vent, etc. I was really intimidated about doing it, but after I started, it is really a lot easier than I thought. I am however removing each wall, so I can pull the carpet out from under it. Then I have been building a shim or replacing the wall so it makes up the height difference from removing the carpet. I will try to get some picks up this week. I have been working on it on days when its not so cold out...
Cool. I would love to see some pictures. I'm debating doing that myself. How is it removing the walls and then replacing?
I will get some pics this weekend as we are planning on working on it since it will be warm outside. The walls were actually way easier than I thought they would be. There is only a couple screws that hold them in from the factory. That is not the case anymore. I put a plate on the floor(inside the wall so you can't see it) and attached the bottom of the wall to it, as well as construction adhesived it down. My goal has been to try to eliminate some rattles. And getting rid of the nasty 45 year old carpet...

Post Reply

Return to “Travco 270”