Bunk bed hinges and straps

Post up here any parts you need or are looking for. Also if you know where something is that someone needs feel free to reply to that persons post.Also if you are looking for a Travco..
Author
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 270

Bunk bed hinges and straps

Unread post by Arkansas Travco » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:35 am

Hello. I'm looking for the hinges and straps for a bunk bed. Don't know if my 73 270 ever had them but it does have the strap eyelets in the ceiling. Anybody have these parts for sale or trade? Thanks

Site Admin
Site Admin
Travco Model: 76 Mahal 2+2

Re: Bunk bed hinges and straps

Unread post by KB2CRK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 am

If it has the hooks in the ceiling it had the bunk. The straps look like seat belts. The hinges were attached to the back of the couch.
I had one and gave to someone who needed it. I had gotten it from Somene who took it out of their 270 during a complete remodel.
I am sure there are some out there.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 220

Unread post by Woodsman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:26 am

I have what you are looking for. They are upholstered so I don't know whether the hinge arm is integrated into the bed frame or a separate piece. It's snowing with 40mph winds right now but I'll get some pictures in the next couple days.

Maybe someone has a picture of the bed without upholstery so we can see how it's built.

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Travco Model: 1973 270

Unread post by Arkansas Travco » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully going to have the ole feller ready this summer! I've had it almost 3 years now but like many things it got put on the back burner. Weather has very much been an issue this winter with all of the rain we have had here!

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Woodsman » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:40 pm

I took pictures today, but I can't figure out how to upload them. I think it says in the Q&A section that you can no longer upload photos from your computer. If that's the case I won't be posting anymore photos.

The total length is about 18", they may be 2 pieces, can't tell without taking them off. A foot long piece of 1.5" angle iron, that is screwed onto the wood frame of the bed, attached to a 6" long piece of 1.5" square tubing. The tubing has a bend and a hole for the pin that attaches it to the wall plate. The bed frame has a hinge that runs its length.

If you want the parts and plan to build the bunks PM me an email address. I can make measurements and take photos of the whole setup when I'm taking them apart.

Technician
Technician
Travco Model: N/A (Site Tech!)

Unread post by PrivatePilot » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Test Test.

Just confirming you can indeed still upload photos from your computer. Just use the "full editor" (vs the quick reply window) and then click the "Attachments" tab below the text input box. You can select file names to attach there.
rune.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Travcoforum Website Administrator\n- Helping a friend - check out Duckies Longarm Quilting in the Oshawa / Durham Region area! www.duckiesquilting.com

Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread post by Woodsman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:03 am

Sorry about the delay on the pictures, I got'er now. The hinges are pretty simple and not that big. There is a conventional hinge that runs the full length of the bunk but you could get them at a hardware store. I have the wall mounts as well. If your interested, give me what you thinks fair and shipping and I'll send them to you. I can take pictures and measurements of the framing if you decide to proceed.
DSC01160 (4).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Want to Buy”